In today’s blog post, you’re going to learn how to set up a Waves web wallet.
In case you’re not familiar with Waves, let me introduce you to it. The Waves Platform is a blockchain-based, decentralized platform for building Web 3.0 applications. It’s created for companies and developers who want to build decentralized solutions.
And the official wallet for the Waves Platform is Waves web wallet.
So, without further ado, let’s find out how you can create one.
Step-by-step guide to create Waves web wallet
Here are the steps:
- First, you’ll have to go to the Waves official website
- Click on the menu called ‘Technology’. You can find in the top left corner
- Now, click on the field ‘Wallet’, which is located in the right corner. Here is what you’ll see:
- Click on the button ‘Download’, and choose your Operating System. In our case it’s Windows. Click on it, and wait until the download is completed.
- You’ll see the download in the form of zip file. When the download is finished, it’s time to open the file.
- Click on the Waves DEX file and the set up will start.
- When the set up is done, the Waves DEX will open automatically. Here is what it looks like:
- Now you can create your account. Just click on the button ‘Create Account’, and enter the password. Your password must contain at least 8 characters, and this single password will be used for all your accounts.
- Confirm your password, click that you agree with the Terms and Conditions, and click continue.
- From here, you have two options: to create a new account name or to import accounts via Seed phrase, Ledger, or Keeper.
- If you want to create a new account, click on the ‘Create new account’ button, and enter the account name.
And that’s it. Pat yourself on the back, you’ve successfully created a Waves web wallet.
Waves web wallet supports a number of fiat currencies such as the dollar and euro, as well as a range of cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
What’s more, it’s available for major operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and even for Android devices.
And now it’s your turn to install the Waves web wallet. Good luck and tell us in the comments how it goes.
If you enjoyed this story, please click the clap button and share it to help others find it! Feel free to leave a comment below.
9 Wallets to collect airdrops← P R E V I O U S
N E X T → Are airdrops bad for ICO or IEO?